FPGA Design Engineer
Permanent or Contract
100% teleworking possible
> 5 years
About IT Link
IT Link, 700 employees on 3 continents, is hiring a FPGA Design Engineer who will join our superb Montreal team for a permanent and / or freelance position. It is a job creation in a tight-knit team and the role is intended to grow over time because we also recruit on the basis of potential, values of curiosity and motivation. This position allows rapid development with a personalized path that meets your ambitions.
By launching its Connext'25 plan in January 2021, IT Link Group reaffirms its leadership position in the field of connected systems by relying on a sustainable development model and committed with projects, initiatives and events supporting responsibility social and environmental business. See for yourself our excellent reputation on Glassdoor: 92% of our Linkers recommend us. IT Link is also “Great Place To Work Canada” certified!
The North American head office in Montreal with also an office in Toronto, plays a driving role in the international development of the group.
You will have the following tasks and responsibilities by participating in all stages of design of a programmable component (FPGA):
- Participate in the selection phase and architecture definition
- Implementation and synthesis of placement-routing and verification phases, support and writing documents
- Respect of the cost, quality, security and time requirements inherent to the projects.
IT Link Benefits (for our permanent employees)
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, 10 sick days
- Possibility of working outside Canada 2 weeks a year after 1 year of employment
- Training: in 2021, nearly a third of our Linkers worldwide received training (technical, languages, internal coaching, etc.)
- Group insurance from the first day worked (70% paid by IT Link)
- IT Link RRSP contribution (4%)
- Career monitoring and work for a company on a human scale!
- Join a company with a new vision 2025, in full international development.
- You have a significant experience of at least 5 years in FPGA or ASIC development (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of programmable component development (VHDL, Verilog is a plus)
- Working knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Python, ...)
- Knowledge of simulation tools necessary to verify VHDL code (Modelsim, QuestaSim, Cadence, ...).
- Knowledge of the synthesis and routing tools of the main FPGA manufacturers (Intel Quartus Prime, Xilinx Vivado, Lattice Diamond,...)
- Advanced knowledge in timing analysis and timing constraints definition
- Experience in FPGA architecture design, including softcores (Nios, Microblaze, RISC-V), hybrids (Zynq, ARM, MIPS ...) and including the main internal buses (AMBA, Avalon, ...).
- Operational knowledge in hardware electronics (analog/digital converter, operational amplifier, power converter, ...)
- Knowledge in signal processing (algorithms, DSP,...)
Does your profile match ? Apply and come and meet our teams to discuss our activities!
In accordance with our diversity policy, this position is open to people with disabilities.
- Discussion/ Meeting with Romain or Raphaëlle to establish a professional project
- Assessment with an IT Link manager to challenge and align your skills with the project(s)
- Onboarding to congratulate you on joining us, introduce you to our organization and to the other new Linkers.
Sometimes an online technical test between steps 1 and 2 may be requested to prepare for the assessment.
Looking forward to discussing further with you about your career and introduce to you our projects in Canada :-)
Some advantages of working at IT Link
4 weeks of paid vacation and 10 sick days
Group health insurance from the first day worked
4% retirement savings contribution
2 weeks per year of teleworking in another country